client terms & conditions
These are the terms and conditions on which Feeding Content Ltd (trading as Feeding Content) (“we” or “Feeding Content”) supply our services to you.
Feeding Content facilitates combined support for infant feeding and consists of a contracted team of infant feeding specialists, paediatric physical therapists, breastfeeding counsellors and administrators.
Please read these terms carefully before the commencement of your care, treatment, diagnosis or other services we provide to you. YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THE PROVISIONS OF PARAGRAPHS 13 (INFANT FEEDING CONSULTANTS) AND 25 (LIMITATION OF LIABILITY). You will be asked to sign a consent form that confirms you agree to these terms and conditions prior to your first online consultation.
These Terms, along with the confirmation email issued by us and the documents enclosed with it (together, the “Confirmation Letter“) and the Client Consent Form constitute the entire agreement between the parties for your treatment at Feeding Content (the “Contract”) and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
Part A – Insured Clients
This section will apply if you are covered by private medical insurance
1. You agree to pay for care, treatment, diagnosis, services (including Sundry Items) and goods provided by us (together, your “Care”).
2. Whilst you will remain responsible for the payment of your care, where you have private medical insurance we will ask you to pay the full amount and issue you with a receipt to provide to your insurer
3. It is your responsibility to confirm with your insurer in advance that your care is covered by your insurance policy. You acknowledge that Feeding Content may receive requests from insurance companies requesting details of appointment dates, times and amounts and we are obliged to provide this
4. Please note that some insurers use care guidelines that may not match the professional medical opinion of the Consultants and other medical professionals providing your care. In some cases, this can mean that your insurer may not pay for certain parts of the care you receive, and you will be required to pay for that part of your care.
5. Please note that your insurance policy may not cover the cost of sundry Items or specialist equipment fully or at all. Please check with your insurer the extent of your cover and any omissions.
6. You agree to pay us the amount invoiced within 7 days without deduction or set-off.
Part B – Self-Pay
This section will apply if you are paying for your own care
7. We will give you an estimate of the costs for your care. Please note that it is not always possible to give an exact estimate for the care you receive and the total cost may depend on a number of factors. You are responsible for the payment of all care you receive at Feeding Content, including any sundry Items.
8. Feeding Content will provide you with a quote prior to your consultations. If during your consultation additional elements are required, you will be advised of expected costs.
9. We will require payment of £75 for your initial online consultation which will be due prior to your appointment.
10. Please note that we only accept payment by way of Bank Transfer or cash.
11. You will be invoiced for any subsequent support given.
12. If sums remain outstanding, a rate of interest will be applied to those outstanding sums at the rate, subject to applicable law, of 8% p.a. that will accrue on a daily basis. If you do not pay us for the services within 14 days following the due date for payment of an undisputed invoice then, in addition to any other remedies that may be available to us, we may by notice to you appoint debt collection agents in connection with any unpaid amounts.
Part C – General Terms and Conditions
This section applies to all Clients
13. Infant Feeding Consultants: All healthcare practitioners (including International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), Tongue-tie Practitioners, Osteopaths and Chiropractors ) involved in your care are contracted to work for Feeding Content and will be referred to as “Infant Feeding Consultants”.
14. All Infant Feeding Consultants are independent practitioners who are regulated by their own professional body and have their own professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance. They will be individually regulated by the Care Quality Commission if this is required for the service that they provide. Accordingly, Feeding Content will not be liable for any act or omission of an Infant Feeding Consultant.
15. While at Feeding Content you will have a lead Infant Feeding Consultant who will conduct your initial online consultation, oversee your care and refer to other Infant Feeding Consultants as appropriate.
16. Whilst your Infant Feeding Consultant will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no clinical procedure is entirely risk-free and the results of any particular treatment cannot be guaranteed. Your Infant Feeding Consultant will explain risks and benefits to you during your consultation and you will be provided with aftercare information following any surgical procedures.
17. Prior to any chargeable service, an Infant Feeding Consultant shall provide you or your representative with the following information in writing or verbal
i. A reason for the chargeable service
ii. The total estimated cost of the service and, if appropriate, any alternative treatment option
iii. Advice that the estimate may not include all services (e.g. fees arising from unforeseen circumstances)
18. Feeding Content will collect any Infant Feeding Consultant’s charges from you as agent on behalf of the Infant Feeding Consultant.
19. Cancellations: We understand that sometimes you may have to cancel an appointment. There is a link to cancel appointments within your confirmation email for the appointment. Cancellations can also be made by contacting us by WhatsApp or Email. To avoid cancellation fees and to help us maintain our level of service, please notify us at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. We reserve the right to charge you the full fee for any appointment that is cancelled by you on less than 24 hours notice or in the event that you fail to attend your appointment.
20. If our performance of the services is affected by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract.
21. Notices and contact details: You must keep us updated on any changes in your contact details, as Feeding Content will correspond with you using your last known contact.
22. Your property: While we will take all care to ensure the safety of your belongings, whilst on our site including within the car park, Feeding Content does not accept any responsibility for the theft or loss of, or damage to, any of your or your visitors’ belongings.
23. Children: Where a person attends as a parent or guardian on behalf of a child under the age of 18 who is under their care, they agree that they will be bound by these terms, even if that child breaches, or is not bound by, any part of these. In these circumstances, the references in these Terms to:
a. “you” shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child in so far as such references relate to any obligation to pay for any care provided by Feeding Content to that child or such references which appear in “Other Terms and Conditions: This section applies to all Clients”; and
b. “your” shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child.
24. Your Infant Feeding Consultant is not responsible for the care of anyone who accompanies you to an appointment. In addition, your Infant Feeding Consultant may not be able to perform your scheduled examination, procedure, treatment or test if an elderly, frail or vulnerable adult, baby or small child comes with you and could require looking after.
25. Limitation on Liability: Feeding Content accepts no liability for any loss or damage that is foreseeable, in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees or contractors for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services. Infant Feeding Consultants remain fully liable to you for their clinical care and Feeding Content cannot accept any liability on their behalf.
a. Provide your Care;
b. Process your payment for such Care;
c. Share data as outlined in our Privacy Notice and
d. If you agreed to this during the order process, to inform you about similar services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us.
27. Severability: If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
28. Waiver: A waiver of any right or remedy under the Terms or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent right or remedy. A failure or delay by Feeding Content to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy
29. Changes in Applicable Law: You acknowledge and accept that Applicable Law may change and thereby prevent Feeding Content from providing certain care. If such a change occurs and the change has an effect on your Care, then Feeding Content shall contact you to inform you of the change and its consequences for your Care.
30. Assignment: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
31. Third-Party Rights: A person who is not a party to the agreement of these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
32. Governing Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.